We are happy to announce the release of Aerostack 4.0 (Auster distribution). Compared to the previous versions, it includes the following main features:
- New robot behaviors: MPC motion control, improved PID controllers, and new EKF localization.
- Common interprocess communication: A set of ROS topics for aerial robotics with standard ROS messages for interprocess communication.
- Meta-control: Flexible execution control system with meta-control.
- Improved GUI: Improved components for user interface with more robust operation (e.g., behavior trees).
- New example projects: New Aerostack projects that illustrate how to use the software framework.
- Agile installation: Agile installation of Aerostack using Docker and apt-get.